Palauball is a countryball in the western Pacific Ocean.
Palau was initially settled over 3,000 years ago, and perhaps 4,500 years ago, probably by migrants from the Philippines. British traders became prominent visitors in the 18th century, followed by expanding Spanish influence in the 19th century. Following its defeat in the Spanish-American War, Spain sold Palau and most of the rest of the Caroline Islands to Germany in 1899. Control passed to Japan in 1914 and during World War II the islands were taken by the United States in 1944, with the costly Battle of Peleliu between September 15 and November 25 with more than 2,000 Americans and 10,000 Japanese killed. The islands passed formally to the United States under United Nations auspices in 1947 as part of the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands.
Four of the Trust Territory districts formed a single federated Micronesian state in 1979, but the districts of Palau and the Marshall Islands declined to participate. Palau, the westernmost cluster of the Caroline Islands, instead opted for independent status in 1978, approved a new constitution and became the Republic of Palau in 1981, and signed a Compact of Free Association with the United States in 1982. After eight referendums and an amendment to the Palauan constitution, the Compact was ratified in 1993 and went into effect on October 1, 1994, marking Palau independent de jure (after Palau was independent de facto since May 25, 1994, when the trusteeship cancelled).
Legislation making Palau an "offshore" financial center was passed by the Senate in 1998. In 2001, Palau passed its first bank regulation and anti-money laundering laws.
- Philippinesball - my older brother and best friend. We were part of the Spanish East Indies and became part of USAball's territory. T-then big brother closed his embassy.. sniff waaaah I'll tell you to papa! I love you big bro so why!?!
- USAball - adopted me after beating Japanese which he became my papa. He is my beloved papa! Who is Spainball again? (He was a young boy when he was taken away from Spain). I was the last to go independent though he does sometimes visits me and my brothers.
- Empire of Japanball - adopted me after beating Reichtangle.
- Guamball - brother from the Spanish East Indies.
- Northern Mariana Islandsball - brother from Spanish East Indies.
- Japanball - he gib me economic aid and ways to protect my rich environment.
- Cubaball - Scary big brother, haven't seen him for a long time...
- North Koreaball - threatens to fire his nukes at me... just like everyone.
How to drawEdit
- Draw your average circle.
- Fill it in brilliant cerulean.
- Slightly to the left of the centre, draw a luminous vivid gold circle.
- Add the eyes.
|Republic of Palauball NG DIAK|
|States||Aimeliikball • Airaiball • Angaurball • Hatohobeiball • Kayangelball • Kororball • Melekeokball • Ngaraardball • Ngarchelongball • Ngardmauball • Ngeremlenguiball • Ngatpangball • Ngchesarball • Ngiwalball • Peleliuball • Sonsorolball|
|Cities||Ngerulmudball (capital) • Kororball|
|Former entities||7ball • Spanish East Indiesball • Nanyoball • Trust Territory of the Pacific Islandsball|
|Submit to glorious Palau army|
|Little Countryballs in the Pacific Ocean|
|Sovereign Countryballs||Fijiball • Solomon Islandsball • Vanuatuball • Micronesiaball • Kiribatiball • Marshall Islandsball • Palauball • Nauruball • Samoaball • Tongaball • Tuvaluball|
|Dependencies||Cook Islandsball • Niueball • Norfolk Islandball • Coral Sea Islandsball • New Caledoniaball • Hawaiiball • French Polynesiaball • Wallis and Futunaball • Easter Islandball • Clipperton Islandball • Tokelauball • Pitcairn Islandsball • Guamball • American Samoaball • Northern Mariana Islandsball • Wake Islandball • Johnston Atollball • Midway Atollball • Kingman Reefball • Palmyra Atollball • Jarvis Islandball • Baker Islandball • Howland Islandball|