Mercuryball is the smallest and innermost planet in the Solar System. It is of best friends with Sunball, being the closest, though Sunball burns him badly. One side of him is about 420°C, while the other side is -150°C. He is gravitationally locked to the Sunball in a 3:2 spin-orbit resonance.
Mercuryball is a rocky planet with an unusually large core. Up to 55% of Mercuryball's volume is dominated by it's core, which has an abnormally large iron content. Scientists from Earthball believe that most of Mercuryball's crust and mantel was once stripped away by a large collision billions of years ago, thus resulting in his large metallic core.
Mercuryball follows a highly eccentric orbit, with an eccentricity of ~0.21, making it the most eccentric of all major planets, with the exception of Planet Nineball. It takes about ~87.969 Earth Days to complete one full orbit. It also rotates slowly, being gravitationally locked to the Sun. Because of his high eccentricty and slow rotation, there is a rather interesting effect that occurs: as the Sun climbs into the sky, it seems to stop, reverse its course, the reverse again before finally setting in the West.
- Venusball: My sister who is shinier than me
- Sunball: My father
- Earthball: My brother who tried to kill me, so I have a trick up my sleeve for revenge...
- Marsball: My brother who is colder than me.
- Plutoball: My brother I thought didn't exist
he doesn'tI want him to be a planet again, so I don't have to be the smallest.
- Jupiterball: My brother who prevented me from murdering Earthball. You will pay.
- Planet Nineball: HOW DARE YOU HAVE A MORE ECCENTRIC ORBIT THAN ME! But we're both cool because we want to destroy Earthball.