―Denmarkball, talking to his son, Greenlandball
Greenlandball is an autonomous countryball of Denmarkball. It can into being the largest island in the world. It is a generally political-quiet country, and is pretty much irrelevant to everyone except Denmark, although Greenlandball will tell you otherwise. It looks sorta like a reversed Poland too, but he hates being called Ice-Poland.
Greenland is more Inuit than Nordic and wants to into independence, but master Denmark will not go beyond letting Greenland exit the EU, which it did in 1985. Greenlandball is also suicidal, even more than Japanball.
Greenland was discovered by Icelandic and Norwegian Settlers in the 980s and was named Grœnland to seem more attractive than Icelandball. It was however not Green at all and the early Norse settlers mysteriously died off after a few hundred years.
From 1605-1607, Denmarkball asserted sovereignty over it and locate lost Norse Settlements. Until the 1700s, colonising Greenland was unsuccessful.
Greenland is not usually seen in a lot of comics, but is portrayed big due to having a lot of landmass. When talking, there should be a lot of "q"s in the dialogue and with bits of Inuit, because the cities and places in Greenland have a lot of 'q's in it.
- Mongoliaball (Real father): Greenlandball's original Inuits have been traced back to Mongoliaball and Siberia.
- Nunavutball (Little brother)
- Canadaball (Big brother): Canada cannot into Greenland, HA!
- USAball (Big step-brother): Continental Neighbor and step-brother, Greenland has a good relationship with America, and even hosts the American Thule airbase. Please protect me from Canada! Plz don't take my oil!
- Denmarkball (Step-father): After the Norwegian and Icelandic settlements died out, Greenlandball pretty much became a loner. However, during the 1800s, the Danes sent out ships to find various sea passages to Asia and remembered the land claims in Greenland they had inherited from Norway. Nobody really considered the claims legit, but they let Denmarkball take over Greenlandball anyway.
- Sednaball: He is cold too, you know!
- Faroe Islandsball (Little step-brother): One of Denmarkball's other sons, Greenlandball and Faroeball don't see each other much anymore.
- Icelandball (Big step-brother): Icelandball was one of the first countryballs to colonize the desolate tundra of Greenlandball, along with Norwayball, but their Greenlandic settlements died out during the 16th century. Icelandball and Greenlandball are still best bros though.
- Norwayball (Step-uncle): One of the original colonists of Greenlandball along with Icelandball, the Norwegian's settlements died out around the 13th century. However, Greenball and Norwayball still maintain a close relationship today.
- Antarcticaball (best friend) Antarcticaball and Greenlandball both have almost completely frozen clay and share each other's pain. Antarcticaball has saved Greenlandball multiple times from suicide attempts.