|“||Jeg elsker Lego!||”|
— Denmarkball, expressing his love for Legos
Denmarkball, officially the Kingdom of Denmark, is a happy countryball in the northern part of Europe. He borders only one country being Germanyball, although he is very close to the Southern tip of Swedenball. The country is divided into 5 regions, with the capital Copenhagenball located on Zealandball (Denmark), giving him a total area of 16,576 square miles (Not including Faroe Islandsball and Greenlandball), making him the 130th largest nation in the world. As of 2016, his population has about 5.731 million inhabitants.
Being geographically in Europe, as well as being a Nordic, Westernized sovereign nation, gives Denmark the ability to join EUball, NATOball, and of course the Nordic Councilball. He is also a member of the UNball like almost every other nation in the world.
Denmark is normally regarded as one of the happiest overall countries in the world. His citizens enjoy a high standard of living, fine education, great welfare, and protected human rights. He has one of the least corrupt governments in the world, and is the fifth most developed in the world, even using new ways to develop less polluting energy sources, such as windmills. While he has a weak military, he keeps a large number of friends close with almost no need for self defense.
His national day is June 5th.
Ages ago, Denmarkball was another Vikingball pillaging Europe with his brother and sister, Norwayball and Swedenball. The bloodlust of Denmarkball was unmatched and as a result, Denmarkball found himself drawn into the multiple conflicts ravaging Europe.
Unfortunately for Denmarkball, he did not always come out on top, and after a humiliating defeat against Kingdom of Prussiaball and Austriaball in 1864, Denmarkball's personality changed. Having little territory left to lose, Denmarkball sought a way of neutrality and strived to keep out of all conflicts. Magnus the Good was the ruler from 1040s-1050s. At the time, Denmark had both Norway and itself. He divided it so Harald Hardrada ruled Norway and Sweyn Estridson ruled Denmark. They would be divided for some time.
Denmark stayed out of the First World War successfully.
World War II
At the start of WWII, Denmarkball tried to maintain his neutral status. However, Denmarkball was swiftly invaded and occupied by Naziball during the Second World War following a few hours of symbolic fighting, as he knew the destruction he'd face if he'd resist.
After the Second World War, Denmarkball decided to provide support to various peace-keeping missions around the world, with the most famous case being in Bosniaball wherein misused his mandate as a peace-keeping force and defended Swedenball from Srpskaball.
In recent years, Denmarkball has rediscovered his bloodlust and was one of the countries who helped USAball in Afghanistanball and Iraqball. While Denmarkball is proud of his Viking heritage, he manages to hide his actual bloodlust under a layer of alcoholism, under the fear that he may lose yet another war
which will happen very soon. However, Denmarkball often threatens to kick Swedenball's butt if for no other reason than tradition. He is proud of his Legos, and hates it whenever others like Minecraft better. He uses this to entertain kids everywhere, which is why he is the happiest country in the world, much unlike his son Greenlandball who is heavily depressed. He has is own pig breed known as the protest pig which nearly resembles Denmark's flag. Denmark is also famous for the Hundeprutterrutchebane (lit. Dog Fart Roller-Coaster).
The Danish flag is the oldest consistently used flag in the world. The flag is a red banner with a white Scandinavian cross.
|Red (NCS)||198, 12, 48||C0-M94-Y76-K22||#C60C30|
|White||255, 255, 255||N/A||#FFFFFF|
Although the cross obviously symbolizes Christianity, the colors don't really have any sort of official meaning. Some people will say the white represents the honesty and peace, and the red for valor, strength, and bravery.
The Nordic family is a big family with many countryballs, some are brothers other are friends or cousins.
- Ålandball - My niece. I gave Åland her first øl.
- Australiaball - Or more specifically Tasmaniaball because Denmarkball's crown princess is Tasmanian and Denmarkball was the birthplace of the only Tasmanian devil born outside of Australia.
- Faroeball - Another one of my children. Adopted him from Norway because Norway was a very bad parent (Scotland adopted Norway's other two kids Shetland and Orkney).
- Norwayball - One of my brothers, we love each other and often hang out and drink Øl with each other.
- Aerican Empireball - Is of very happy!
- Indiaball - Good friend (Just don't remind him of Andaman and Nicobar islands during my empire)
- Canadaball - My friend who qualified for the IIHF. To bad he lost to Switzerland. He does have a beautiful culture and heritage.
- USAball - Denmarkball is in USAball's NATO alliance.
- Finlandball - My brother. He thinkings I'm anti-islam but is not true! (okay it is)
- Germanyball - Used to be my enemy. German Confederationball and later Kingdom of Prussiaball took Schleswigball from him. Nazi Germanyball occupied him in World War II. But despite this, we are now close friends.
- Greenlandball - My oldest
adoptedson. Greenland wishes to become independent, however, I will not let him. I dislike his suicidal personality and wish to help my son out of his depression (which is impossible).
- Icelandball - Also a part of the Nordic family. He is my brother, and he wrote about me in his Viking sagas.
- Kosovoball - I'm good friends with him, and support him when Serbiaball bullies him.
- New Zealandball - We are some of the least corrupt countries in the world. (tie)
- Thailandball - We form Thai-Danish milk/farm and we also sign a treaty about environment to each other too! She is also my brother's wife.
- Russiaball - Throughout the time, we were never at war with each other. Until the formation of the Soviet Union (which also helped me get rid of the Nazi invaders). Russia was my closest ally in some wars, like this or this one. But he also is often more drunk than me, and has too many human rights issues. To date, our relationship is quite mixed, but we still appreciate each other to this day. Thanks to lets me play in the World Cup.
- Swedenball - Love/Hate relationship. We are often rivals!
Let's play battlefield together and kick homophobe's butt.
- Icelandball - Brother
- Norwayball - Brother
- Swedenball - Brother
- Thailandball - Sister-in-law
- Finlandball - Adoptive Brother
- Estoniaball - Sister-in-law
- Austriaball - Cousin
- Germanyball - Cousin
- Franceball - Cousin-in-law
- Liechtensteinball - Cousin
- Netherlandsball - Cousin
- Switzerlandball - Cousin
- UKball - Cousin
- EUball - Nephew
- Luxembourgball - Nephew
- Belgiumball - Nephew
- Australiaball - Nephew
- Belizeball - Nephew
- Canadaball - Nephew
- Guyanaball - Nephew
- New Zealandball - Nephew
- USAball - Nephew