Algeriaball, officially the People's Democratic Republic of Algeriaball, is a Maghrebi countryball located in North Africa. Algeria is bordered by 6 other countries (7 if you include Western Saharaball), Moroccoball to the West, Tunisiaball and Libyaball to the East, and Nigerball, Maliball, and Mauritaniaball to the South. The country is divided into 48 provinces, along with the capital Algiersball, giving him a total area of 919,595 square miles, making him the largest country in Africa, and the 10th largest country in the world. As of 2016, he has a population of 40.61 million inhabitants.
Algeria is one of those African countries that has been able to develop slightly better. Algeria has the 16th largest oil reserves in the world, and one of the largest militaries in Africa. While He has a good standard of living but his human rights and press freedom rankings are very low. Though not a superpower or a great power, Algeria is seen as a regional and middle power in Africa.
His national day is July 5th.
Algeria was adopted and forced labour by France for some time, but seized their independence. France was not so happy that they lost their colonies but they are are now starting to chill down over the whole "colonization" thing.
Algeria is the strongest supporter of the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (the opposing party to Morocco in the Western Sahara region) which pisses off Morocco.
200,000 years ago, there were only 4balls, that started successful blade industry. Thousands of years later, some North African 4balls create the Berber population. Berber are indigenous North African people, including Algerian.
Berber peoples remained in peace until Carthageball started building settlements on the Maghrebi coast, and captured some Berber people as slaves and soldiers. From 241 to 238 BC Berber soldiers rebelled against the Carthaginians in the Revolt of the Mercenaries as they didn't get enough pay. The Berbers got back a lot of North African territory, and, when the City of Carthage fell in 146 BC, the Berber had all of the Maghreb to themselves.
A lot of shit went down in Algeria during the Middle Ages. It was home to many knowledgeable and insightful scholars, saints, and sovereigns. It was part of the Fatimid caliphate, and, when that collapsed, it was controlled by the Sandhadja Berber Zirids. The Fatimids were not very happy and attacked the Zirids. The war was recounted in the epic Tāghribāt. Finally, during the 16th century, the Spanish built some forts on the Algerian coast and took control of some coastal towns. Spanish presidios in the Maghreb did not turn out to do a lot for the Spanish.
Algeria was partially and sporadically ruled by the Ottoman Empire from 1516 to 1830, starting in 1516 when the Turkish privateers Aruj and Hayreddin Barbarossa conquered Algiers from the Spaniards. During Ottoman rule, plague repeatedly struck North African settlements. Autonomous tribal states were tolerated and left alone, and the Kabylie region did not care much for the Ottomans.
Entering modern times, Franceball was being a bitch because some Ottoman insulted their consul in the Fan Affair, and she invaded and conquered Algiers in 1830, birthing French Algeriaball. They were really mean and dumb and nasty, and nearly a third of the endemic population died from 1830 to 1872. The French were all pretentious and shit and wanted to 'civilise' the country.
Tensions were rising in the Muslim Algerians. At first, they wanted greater autonomy, and, inevitably, independence. In 1954, the first violent events of what would soon be referred to as the Algerian War began. Between 30,000 and 150,000 Harkis (French Muslim loyalists) were killed by the Front de Libération Nationale (FLN). Hundreds of thousands of Algerians died. The war ended in 1962, when Algeria gained independence succeeding the March Evian agreements and the July self-determination referendum. However, Morocco claimed western portions of Algerian clay, resulting in the 1963 Sand War.
The third President of Algeria, Chadli Bendjedid, introduced radical Islamic thought across Algeria, leading to the Front Islamique du Salut (FIS) winning the first two rounds of the December 1991 legislative elections. Fearing an Islamist government, the elections were cancelled. Bendjedid resigned and the High State of Council acted as a collective presidency. The Front was a bit chuffed and unleashed its Group Islamique Armé, which beat up many civilians in a list of civilian massacres, initiating the Algerian Civil War. The FIS became increasingly violent, hijacking French planes, causing international concern. The GIA announced a ceasefire in October, 1997.
Currently, Algeria has cleaned itself up, lifting the national state of emergency in February, 2011, following the December 2010 non-violent protests. Media censorship is still rampant and elections are 'unfair', but everything is a lot calmer and the Berbers can into mulukhiyah again in peace.
However, since 2014 petroleum price falled down. Algeria faces a quite tough period, yet she still manages to stay firm.
|Cadmium Green||0, 98, 51||C84-M26-Y89-K36||#006233|
|Crimson||210, 16, 52||C8-M97-Y84-K1||#D21034|
- Indonesiaball - He help Gains my Independence In 1962(THANKS FOR YUOR ADVICE AT BANDUNG!!)
- Russiaball: For military assistance in independence war when he was still commie (and for selling us weaps for killin those GIA's monkeys)
- Saudi Arabiaball: Thanks for economic help and support during revolution.
- Tunisiaball: Carthage's child and my 1# best friend (AND NEIGHBOUR GAS BUYER HURR DURR). He can into more stable country
- Venezuelaball - Venezuela will always be Algeria's best friend from South America due for his recognition of his friend Western Sahara.
- Franceball: She colonized me, killed 2 million of my people, nuked me, but, well past is past right?, at least I try to reconcile with her because she is mom (but this is very complicated). But she doesn't like when I visit her.
- Germanyball: My step-father who gibs nice weapons and deutsche qualitat engineering, build nice cars for our army. likes to poke mom as me.
- Chinaball: Gives money and we are their al-biggest Arab-Berber ally (and they help us build cool stuff and clear cats from our towns *-*).
- Moroccoball: He is my brother but... he wanted some of my clay and removed my friends in the Sand War. I do not like him (sometimes) because he hate my best friend Ṣaḥrāwīyah. *GIB WESTERN SAHARA INDEPENDENCE* *NEVER FORGET 1963*
- Spainball: What is a Spain? did you mean Al-Andalus? it's a joke, I am not dumb.
- USAball: Neutral, nice trade partner and we fight terrorism together, but unfortunately he supports most of my enemies, I'm thankful you didn't include me on the al-banlist though.
- Boko Haramball: ANOTHER ZIO-TERORIST GROUP IN AFRIKA?
- ISISball: STOP ATTAKING MY OIL FACTORIES DAMMIT
- Israelcube: Gib palestine independence you al-dirt Jew Zionist.. I will teach he how to be independent.
- Japanball: Ordering to do stop In Amenas
assaulthostage saving, ordering us to pay our debt earlier. DO WE LOOK LIKE YOUR HOUNDS YOU PERV HENTAI LOVER ?? NEVER HEARD YOU COMPLAIN LIKE THAT ABOUT HIROSHIMA AND NAGASAKI.
| Al-Djazair, |
|Provinces||Adrarball • Chlefball • Laghouatball • Oum el-Bouaghiball • Batnaball • Béjaïaball • Biskraball • Bécharball • Blidaball • Bouiraball • Tamanghassetball • Tébessaball • Tlemcenball • Tiaretball • Tizi Ouzouball • Algiers Provinceball ( Algiersball) • Djelfaball • Jijelball • Sétifball • Saïdaball • Skikdaball • Sidi Bel Abbesball • Annababall • Guelmaball • Constantineball • Médéaball • Mostaganemball • M'Silaball • Mascaraball • Ouarglaball • Oranball • El Bayadhball • Illiziball • Bordj Bou Arréridjball • Boumerdèsball • El Tarefball • Tindoufball • Tissemsiltball • El Ouedball • Khenchelaball • Souk Ahrasball • Tipasaball • Milaball • Aïn Deflaball • Naamaball • Aïn Témouchentball • Ghardaïaball • Relizaneball|
|Historical entities||Natives • Berbersball • Carthageball • SPQRball • Byzantineball • Umayyadball • Abbasidball • Fatimidball • Ziridball • Almohadball • Kingdom of Algiersball • Ottomanball • French Algeriaball|